- Avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain parabens and sulfates.
- For "Stylist Method" hair extensions wash 2-3 times per week; For "DIY" hair extensions wash every 5 wears.
- Unlike your own hair, hair extensions don’t have a natural hydration source from the oils on your scalp. To hydrate, apply a moisturizing hair mask 1 time per week. Apply a mask from mids to ends of hair only, never at the scalp.
- Allow hair to air dry whenever possible to minimize heat exposure and damage.
- Before applying heat, use a heat-protecting spray.
- Brush your hair 2-3 times a day to keep your extensions tangle-free.
- Never sleep with wet hair.
How to care hair extensions
LaaVoo hair extensions are made with 100% Real human hair which can be styled and washed just like your own hair. With proper care hair extensions can lasts 6-12 months or more, depending on the amount of wear too. Keep in mind, the more you wash and heat style your extensions, the shorter their lifespan will be. Try to keep washing and product use to a minimum and follow our recommended at-home, expert hair care tips below.